CANEX Price Match Policy
CANEX Price Match Policy
CANEX will match the current advertised price of any authorized Canadian retailer on identical electronics, major appliances, and computers. For electronics and major appliances CANEX will match the current advertised price within 30 days of the date of purchase. (This includes TVs, DVD players, home theatre systems, cameras, camcorders, and other audio and & video accessories). For computers, (including laptops, tablets, peripherals and accessories) CANEX will match the current advertised price within 14 days from the date of purchase.
For the Price Match Policy to apply, the retailer must be an authorized Canadian dealer and the item must be identical (i.e. it must be from the same manufacturer and have the same model name and number). The item must also be in-stock and ready for purchase at the retailer’s local store. The competitor's sale price must be in effect at the time of the Price Match request and must pertain to the same geographic area. Canadian website prices offered by FutureShop.ca, BestBuy.ca and Staples.ca that meet the CANEX Price Matching criteria will also qualify. Online order shipping charges are to be included when comparing pricing.
CANEX Price Match Policy does not apply to wholesale club offers, limited quantity or timed offers, special events (e.g. Boxing Week, Black Friday, etc), clearance pricing, after-rebate or coupon-discounted prices, percentage discounts, “Save The Tax” offers, auction website prices, discounts for 'cash', gift cards, typographical errors in competitor’s advertisements, display models, grey market, damaged or reconditioned goods, or items that are not new and first quality.
This program may be amended or discontinued at any time without notice.
In order to request a price match, please review the below to ensure your purchase qualifies.
Step 1 - Make sure your purchase qualifies
In order to qualify for the price match, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- If you have already purchased the product from CANEX and would like us to price match, it must have been purchased from CANEX within the last 30 days for electronics and major appliances and 14 days for computers.
- The product must be the exact same model # and brand name as it appears on CANEX.ca
- The product’s price must be in Canadian dollars, including all environmental fees, shipping costs and other charges are to be included when comparing pricing.
- The product must be sold and shipped by a retailer or authorized dealer located within Canada. We will investigate the dealer or retailer’s shipping policy on their website to confirm, as online order shipping charges are to be included when comparing pricing (refer to above #3).
- The product from the competitor must be new (not reconditioned), in stock, available for sale and cannot be a limited time offer or available only in limited quantities.
- The product’s price must not be lower due to an advertising error, misprint, or special sale price. These include but are not limited to Black Friday prices, Cyber Monday prices, Boxing Day prices, special educational prices, % discounts, “Save the Tax” offers, limited quantity or timed offers, restricted offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and financing offers.
Step 2 – Request Your Price Match
If you have already purchased the product from CANEX.
If you have already completed your purchase online you can request your price match online and receive a response within 3 business days. If you qualify for a price match you will receive a credit within 7 days.
Request a price match online here.
If you have already completed your purchase in-store, please make your request for price match at any CANEX retail store. Make sure you bring your original receipt as well as the flyer, advertisement or web address of the lower priced-product with you to the store.
If you haven’t purchased the item yet.
Since you have not made your purchase yet, you can visit any CANEX store location to request a price match. If you qualify, the store staff will discount your purchase on the spot – there will be no need to wait for a credit.
You must still bring the flyer, advertisements or website address of the lower-priced product to the store.
If you cannot visit a store location and you are confident that you qualify for a price match, purchase the item on CANEX.ca and complete the form to request a price match credit (link to form).